If your looking for a super hearty stew to cook in the crock pot then listen. You need to make this delicious recipe for Ground Beef Hobo Stew as soon as possible. This makes a oh so wonderful main dish meal that almost everyone who tries it loves it. Its packed with ground beef, carrots, tomatoes, corn, green beans and more. If you don't like an ingredient leave it out. If you want to add an ingredient then by all means add it. I sometimes add thin sliced fresh okra to the stew and people just love it. I like to serve my Ground Beef Hobo Stew over huge squares of corn bread in large soup bowls. Those flavors just go together perfect. Try it one time and I bet you'll make it again and again.
Ingredients Needed For Your Ground Beef Hobo Stew
1. One Tablespoon Of Vegetable Oil.
2. One Cup Fine Diced Yellow Onion.
3. One Half Cup Diced Sweet Green Bell Peppers.
4. Four Large Jalapenos Diced Fine With Seeds And Membranes Removed.
5. One Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
6. Two Pounds Ground Beef Browned Well And Drained Very Well With Two Tablespoons Plain Flour ( See Note Below ).
7. Three Cups Beef Stock.
8. Three Large Potatoes Peeled And Diced Fine.
9. Two Cups Fine Diced Peeled Fresh Carrots.
10. Two Cups Fresh Or Frozen Whole Kernel Corn.
11. One Fourteen And One Half Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes.
12. Two Cups Green Beans.
13. Four 11.5 Ounce Cans Spicy V8 Juice.
14. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
15. One Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
Note About Plain Flour Mixed In Ground Beef.
Once you have browned the ground beef in a skillet and drained it very well mix in two tablespoons of plain flour being sure to stir it in very well.
You'll want to cook the onion, garlic, and peppers in a skillet in the vegetable oil until they are soft but not browned.
Now spray the inside of the crock of your crock pot very well with vegetable cooking spray and then add all the ingredients into the crock pot. Put the lid on the crock pot and turn the crock pot on high.
You'll want to cook on high for about six hours and resist the urge to peek while the stew is cooking. At the end of six hours stir the Ground Beef Hobo Stew up well and taste to see if you need to add salt or pepper.
You can if you want to add Italian Sausage browned and cut up in small pieces, shredded cabbage, pinto beans, black eyed peas or etc. I sometimes cook pasta shells and add a few to each bowl of the stew before I serve it. There is really nothing you can't add to the stew or take out of the stew. No recipe is written in stone and in the old days the hobo's in the hobo jungle would have added what ever they had on hand to the Ground Beef Hobo Stew.
Please Share This Post
Please share this post with social media, your family, friends and etc. Thanks in advance.
This post is by Thomas Byers. If you need to get in touch with us about this post please write to us at the below address and include the link to the post.
World's Best Recipes , C/O Thomas Byers
114 Wells Road , Lawndale, N.C., 28090