Worlds Best Recipes: 7 Up Biscuits, The Best Biscuits Ever

Please Pin Our Images

Please Pin Our Images

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

7 Up Biscuits, The Best Biscuits Ever

7 Up Biscuits, Quite Possibly The Best Homemade Biscuits In The World

Guess what? Anyone and yes I mean anyone should now be able to make biscuits and they are truly some of the best biscuits you'll ever eat in your life. Now that's saying something isn't it. Well read on and lets make biscuits.

7 Up Biscuits Ingredients

1. Two Cups Bisquick Baking Mix.

2. One Half Cup Sour Cream.

3. One Half Cup Seven Up.

4. One Fourth Cup Melted Butter.

5. One Half Cup Self Rising Flour For Dusting Surface.

Instructions For Making 7 Up Biscuits

I use the metal blade in my food processor and I add the Bisquick Mix first, then the sour cream,and then the 7 Up. I pulse the food processor to mix my dough. When the dough is well mixed I flour a surface with the self rising flour and then I turn my 7 Up Biscuit dough out onto the floured surface and pat the dough out to about one half inch thick.

I turn my oven onto 350 degrees and let it heat up. I use a brush and I brush a baking pan with some of the melted butter.

I use my biscuit cutter to cut out my biscuits and put them onto the prepared baking pan. Your dough will be soft so work carefully with it.

Now put your pan of biscuits into the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown. When they are done remove them from the oven and brush them with more of your melted butter. You won't believe how delicious these biscuits are until you make them.

Double The Recipe

If you need to then by all means double the recipe. I promise you that all the biscuits will get eaten quickly. I serve the biscuits with homemade honey butter and people eat them quickly.

Note About 7 Up

If 7 Up is not available in your area use Sierra Mist as it will work just as well.

Some Biscuit Tips And Information

If you like biscuits with crusty sides, place them one inch apart on a shiny baking sheet. For soft sides, arrange them close together in a shallow baking dish or pan.

Wrap left over biscuits in foil, place in a plastic zip lock bag, and freeze for up to three months. To serve, thaw and heat foil wrapped biscuits in a 300 degree oven for several minutes or until heated.

I've found that sticky, slightly wet dough makes the best biscuits. I keep the damp dough from sticking to my hands by kneading with a metal dough scraper. The scraper lets me lift the dough and fold it over on a floured surface. Once it becomes less sticky I knead it by hand.

Lighter Than Air Buttermilk Biscuits

1. One Third Cup Butter Cut Up In Very Small Pieces.

2. Two Cups Self Rising Flour.

3. Three Fourths Cup Buttermilk.

4. Melted Butter.

Instructions For Making Your Biscuits

Cut the one third cup of butter into the flour until the flour is crumbly. Add the buttermilk stirring until the mixture is moistened.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead three to four times.

Roll or pat your dough out to a thickness of three fourths of a inch and then cut your biscuits out with a biscuit cutter and place the cut out biscuits onto a baking pan that you have brushed with melted butter.

Bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes Brush the baked biscuits with melted butter. These biscuits are also delicious. My family and me have made them this way for over a hundred years and so can you.