Here I'm going to tell you how to make some delicious bread and butter pickles. These are delicious and made in the refrigerator. Once you make them wait at least a week or so before you start eating them if you can.
Ingredients For Bread And Butter Pickles
1. Two Large Sweet Onions Sliced Very Thin.
2. One Table Spoon Mustard Seed.
3. One Teaspoon Ground Turmeric.
4. One Tablespoon Celery Seed.
5. One Cup White Granulated Sugar.
6. Three Cups White Vinegar.
7. One Third Cup Ground Sea Salt.
8. Six Large Cucumbers Sliced Thin.
In a large sauce pan combine all your ingredients but the cucumbers and heat till boiling. Have your cucumbers cut up in a large bowl and then pour the boiling mixture in over your cucumber slices and stir to mix well.
Have your jars, lids, and rings boiled in a separate pot of boiling water and pack your bread and butter pickles in the jars while they are still hot. Put the hot lid and ring on your jar and tighten the ring down. Set your jars of bread and butter pickles there on the counter on a towel while they seal. You should hear a ping as your jars seal. Then put them in the refrigerator for at least a week or two before you start eating them. I guarantee you these will be some of the best bread and butter pickles you'll ever eat.