Chicken Pie has always been one of my all time favorites and this recipe for chicken pot pie is one of the best chicken pot pies that I've ever tasted. In this post your going to get the recipes for a complete meal. This meal includes.
Chicken Pot Pie
Pecan Pie Surprise Bars
You just have to try this wonderful meal. The flavors of each compliment each other perfectly.
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
1. One Three Pound Fryer.
2. Two Stalks Of Celery.
3. One Half Cup Chopped Green Onions including tops.
4. One Regular 10 Ounce Can English Peas.
5. One Regular 10 Ounce Can Sliced Carrots.
6. One Half Cup Fine Diced Red Bell Pepper.
7. Three Large Hard Crumbled Eggs Diced Fine.
8. One Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning.
9. One Teaspoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
10. One Teaspoon Dry Ground Sage.
11. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
12. Two Cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup.
13. Two Cans Cream Of Chicken Soup.
14. One Teaspoon White Pepper.
15. Eight Cups Chicken Stock.
16. Frozen Ready To Bake Biscuits.
Start by putting your three pound chicken, the celery, the bell pepper, the onion, the minced garlic, the chicken broth, the cream of mushroom soup and the cream of chicken soup in a large stock pot. Add enough water if necessary to cover the chicken completely.
Bring the stock pot almost up to a boil and then turn the burner down to medium. Cook the chicken until it is done and then remove the chicken from the pot and pick the chicken off the bone and discard the skin and bones.
You will need a three quart casserole dish to make your chicken pot pie in. First of all add the chicken cut up into small pieces into the 3 quart casserole dish and then add the carrots, peas, crumbled eggs, and the rest of the ingredients you have not used except for your frozen biscuits.
Pour enough of the liquid from the stock pot to bring the liquid in the 3 quart casserole dish almost to the top of casserole dish leaving enough room for the frozen biscuits to be arranged on top of the chicken mixture in the casserole dish.
You'll want to bake the chicken pot pie for 10 to 12 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown. Set out of the oven and brush the top of the cooked biscuits with melted butter.
Chicken Pot Pie topped with light, fluffy biscuits will bring your family to the table in a hurry. I guarantee you that this is one of the best Chicken Pot Pies that you'll ever eat. And I will warn you that most people will be back for seconds.
Celestial Salad Ingredients
1. One Head Lettuce.
2. One 11 Ounce Can Mandarin Orange Sections Drained.
3. One Cup Halved Green Seedless Grapes.
4. One Half Cup Green Onions Including Tops Diced Fine.
5. One Half Cup Sliced Toasted Almonds Divided.
6. Two Thirds Cup Vegetable Oil.
7. One Third Cup Orange Juice.
8. One Fourth Cup White Granulated Sugar.
9. Salt And Pepper To Taste.
10. One Teaspoon Celery Seed.
Use your fingers and remove the core from the lettuce head. Tear the lettuce up into small bite size pieces. Now mix all your ingredients up in a large serving bowl except half the almonds.
Toss and mix all your ingredients together to mix well. Sprinkle the other half of the toasted almonds over the top of your Celestial Salad. Put tongs in the salad so people can serve the salad to themselves. This is one of the best salads you'll ever eat.
Fresh Asparagus Spears
You'll need about three pounds of fresh asparagus. Wash the asparagus well under cold running water to remove any dirt. Take a large bell pepper and cut it into very thin strips to tie your bundles of asparagus with. Tie 6-8 pieces of asparagus up in each little bundle. You'll want to cook your asparagus by putting lemon juice, water, and thyme in the water of a steamer and steam your asparagus until it is done.
You can steam in the microwave if you need to in a plastic container with a lid with a couple of inches of water. Put the lemon juice and fresh chopped thyme in the water. Let people add their own salt.
Pecan Pie Surprise Bars
Were going to use a 18 1/2 ounce package of yellow cake mix to make these delicious Pecan Pie Surprise Bars with. And I promise you that once you get them made and taste them that you'll be making them again.
Ingredients Needed For Pecan Pie Surprise Bars
1. One 18 1/2 Ounce Package Yellow Cake Mix.
2. One Half Cup Melted Butter.
3. Four Eggs Divided.
4. One Half Cup Brown Sugar.
5. One And 1/2 Cups Dark Corn Syrup.
6. One Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
7. One Cup Fine Diced Pecans.
Set aside 2/3 cup of the cake mix. Combine the remaining cake mix, butter, and one egg in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
Press crumbs in a greased 13" X 9" X 2" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
Combine reserved cake mix, 3 eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed of your electric mixer for one to two minutes.
Pour over the partially baked crust, and sprinkle with the fine diced pecans. Now you'll want to bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Let the bars cool and then cut up into small bars. You can cut them the size you want.
And there you have a complete wonderful meal for a family that they will love. You don't really need bread with this meal but if you want bread I suggest making my delicious recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits.