This is truly the World's Best Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie. Once you make it I think you'll agree that it is one of the best things you've ever tasted. And it's really easy to make.
1. One Third Cup Margarine.
2. One Third Cup All Purpose Flour.
3. One Teaspoon Minced Garlic.
4. One Teaspoon Salt.
5. One Teaspoon Black Pepper.
6. One Can Cream Of Chicken Soup.
7. One Cup Milk.
8. Two Cups Cubed Cooked Chicken.
9. One Cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables.
1. One And two Thirds Cups All Purpose Flour.
2. Two Teaspoons Celery Seed.
3. One Package Cream Cheese Cubed.
4. One Third Cup Cold Butter.
In a sauce pan melt the butter. Stir in flour, garlic, salt, and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in water, cream of chicken soup, and milk. Bring to a boil and stir for two minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken and vegetables and set aside.
For your pastry combine flour and celery seed in a bowl. Cut in the cream cheese, and butter until crumbly.
Work the mixture until dough forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface roll two thirds of dough out into a 12 inch square.
Transfer to a 8 inch square baking dish. Pour filling into crust.
Roll remaining dough into a 9 inch square and place over the filling. Trim, seal, and flute the edges with the tines of a fork.
Cut slits in the pastry topping. Bake at 425 degrees until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
I guarantee you'll have one of the best Chicken Pot Pie's that you'll ever taste.