If you ever make this delicious recipe for Salisbury Steak with Caramelized Onion Gravy you'll never buy it in a box again. Yes it really is that good. In fact its one of the most delicious things you'll ever eat in your life.
1. Two Pound Of Lean Ground Beef.
2. One Cup Cooked White Rice.
3. Two Egg Yolks.
4. Two Teaspoons Ground Sea Salt.
5. One Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
6. One Tablespoon Minced Fresh Garlic.
7. Two Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce.
8. Three Tablespoons Dried Parsley.
9. One Tablespoon Dried Thyme.
10. Two Tablespoons Olive Oil. (Set aside to fry meat patties in )
Add all of the above ingredients to a large bowl and mix your ingredients together very well. Once you have all your ingredients very well mixed together you want to wet your hands with water and make the meat mixture out into eight equal size patties. Now put your reserved olive oil in a large skillet and cook the meat patties on both sides until well browned and done. You'll want to cook them over medium heat so they cook well and brown. Don't burn your meat patties. Now put your meat patties in your slow cooker or crock pot and turn on low.
Caramelized Onion Gravy
Now we are going to make our gravy.
Ingredients For Your Gravy
1. Two Large Sweet Onions Very Thinly Sliced.
2. Three Tablespoons Butter.
3. Three Tablespoons All Purpose Plain Flour.
4. Four Cups Beef Broth.
5. One Half Cup Dry Red Wine.
6. One Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar.
7. One Tablespoon Tomato Paste.
Instructions For Making Your Gravy
Start off by melting your butter in a sauce pan over low heat. As soon as the butter is melted add your flour and with a wire whisk work the flour into the butter well and let it brown well.
Be sure not to burn your flour. You want it to be brown but not burned. Now add your beef broth to the pan and use the wire whisk to stir very well mixing all the flour mixture into the beef broth. Now stir everything else into your gravy but the onions and keep stirring until all the mixture is very well mixed and you notice the gravy getting thicker. Now turn the sauce pan down on low and add your onions into the gravy. Let the gravy cook on the lowest setting on your burner for about 35 minutes and your onions will be cooked just right. Now pour into the crock pot on top of the meat patties and allow it to cook for about four hours on low before you serve it. You'll have some of the best homemade salisbury steak that you'll ever taste in your life. I like to serve it over homemade mashed potatoes and people say its the best salisbury steak they have ever tasted in their life.