Here is one of the best sandwiches your ever going to eat in your life. The Patty Melt is served all over the American south everywhere from the Waffle House to your average drug store lunch counter. If you'll make it by the below recipe your going to end up with one of the best sandwiches your ever going to eat in your life. Yes it really is that good of a sandwich. And don't forget to make the Orange Crush Pound Cake and serve small squares of the cake with each Patty Melt Sandwich.
All you have to do is look at the photo and you'll wonder now how does that taste. I promise you that its as good as it looks. So lets make a great American sandwich called, The Patty Melt.
Ingredients Needed For Your Patty Melt Sandwich
1. 1 lb Ground Hamburger
2. 1 large Egg
3. 1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
4. 4-6 slice Bacon , I like Apple-wood Thick Slice Peppered Bacon
5. 1/4 large Green Bell Pepper
6. 1/4 large Sweet Onion, purple or red sweet onions.
7. 1-2 tsp Minced Garlic from a jar of minced garlic.
8. 8 slices Rye Bread , I like the marbled kind.
9. 1-2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine of your choice
10. 4 slice Swiss Cheese -- your choice (i use deli sliced)
Ground Sea Salt And Ground Black Pepper To Taste
I like to fresh grind my own sea salt and black pepper. You get much better flavor that way and sea salt is much better than table salt. Try it one time and you'll never go back to regular old table salt.
Directions For Making Your Patty Melt Sandwiches
1. Slice the green pepper and onion into long thin pieces; set aside.
2. Slice bacon strips in half and fry to your liking; drain and set aside. Remove some grease from the pan. Let the rest of the grease cool a bit then add sliced vegetables to saute slowly. Toss in garlic and any seasonings you may like. I only used fine ground black pepper. Set aside.
3. While bacon, then vegetables are cooking, place ground beef in a bowl. Add the egg and onion mix packet. Mix thoroughly and make and fry four patties.
4. Butter back sides of bread slices and use patties, cheese, bacon, and sauteed vegetables to build a sandwich. Grill to you liking and enjoy!!
You can grill your sandwiches to a toasty brown in a hot skillet with the butter or margarine. I keep a couple of tin foil wrapped bricks to press my pan fried sandwiches with. This makes pressed sandwiches that are so very delicious.
5. Tip 1: prepping the bacon, vegetables, and uncooked patties one day can save time on making the sandwiches on another day.
Tip 2: uncooked patties can be individually wrapped in wax paper and stored in a plastic bag or storage bin. Then when you want to make more of these delicious patty melt sandwiches you can make them real quick and easy.
The Best Pound Cake You'll Ever Eat In Your Life
Serve very small pieces of this Orange Crush Pound Cake with the Patty Melt Sandwiches. People will love it and they will be back wanting more. A 2"X2" square is the size piece I serve on the side with each Patty Melt Sandwich.
No one and I do mean no one has a better recipe for pound cake than this one. It is truly some of the best pound cake you will ever eat in your life.
Please Share This Blog Post With Pinterest, Facebook and Your Family, Friends, And Other Sites.
All Photos And Recipes On This Blog Are By Nosycat World Media Productions And Blog Owner Thomas Byers. If you link to this post you have permission to use the images. If you need to contact us you can do so by writing to us at Nosycat World Media Productions, 114 Wells Road, Lawndale N.C. 28090.