If you have red curry paste then you really should try red curry fried rice. I have listed the ingredients I usually use in the recipe but you really can use almost any thing you have left over in the refrigerator in your red curry fried rice.
Let me tell you a secret about fried rice here. If you will prepare your rice the day before and put it into the refrigerator overnight it will always work out better for fried rice the next day. If you make the rice the same day you use it in the recipe it will never be as good.
In Harris Teeters and some other larger supermarkets you can now find Chinese Sausage. If you live near a Asian market they will have it. You may find it under the name Lap Cheong. If you buy the sausage from a Asian market it may come dried. If so soak it for a few hours before you dice it up and fry it. You want to fry this sausage until it is crisp.
1. One And A Half Cups Cooked Rice.
2. Two Links Chinese Sausage Chopped Up Fine.
3. One Half Cup Cooked Chicken In Cubes.
4. One Large Egg Well Beaten.
5. One Half Cup Frozen Chinese Vegetables.
6. One Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
7. Two Tablespoons Red Thai Curry Paste.
8. One Tablespoon Sesame Oil And One Tablespoon Vegetable Oil Mixed.
9. Salt And Pepper To Taste.
Start off by adding your oil to a skillet and add your Chinese Sausage and the garlic and fry until the garlic is done and the sausage is done. Add your chicken and fry until browned and mix it all well. Fry your egg in another pan and when done pour it out onto a cutting board and dice it up.
Now add all your ingredients to the skillet and heat until everything is cooked. Mix as you cook and be sure the curry paste gets well mixed through out the other ingredients. Serve at once in the center of a plate and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or lemon grass. I guarantee you that you will have some of the most delicious fried rice you will ever eat.
You can serve this fried rice with steamed vegetables and a whole steamed tilpia and have a delicious festive meal that everyone will love. If you make the Red Curry Fried Rice please post a comment and let me know what you think about the dish.
Thai Red Chicken Curry
Thai Red Chicken Curry
You can use chicken breast for your Thai Red Chicken Curry if you want to but chicken thighs will work just great. Just buy your chicken thighs and remove the bones and skin from your chicken thighs. You can cut your chicken thighs up into small bite size pieces.The chicken thighs will taste wonderful in your Thai Red Chicken Curry and will taste wonderful in the recipe. And chicken thighs are one third the cost of chicken breast.
Thai Red Chicken Curry Ingredients
1. Two Tablespoons Olive Oil.
2. One Pound Chicken Breast Or Thighs Cut Up In Bite Size Pieces.
3. One Tablespoon Red Thai Curry Paste.
4. One Cup Zucchini In Small Bite Size Pieces.
5. One Red Bell Pepper Cleaned And Cut In Small Bite Size Pieces.
6. One Half Cup Carrots In Small Thin Slices.
7. One Large Sweet Onion Diced Fine.
8. One Tablespoon Cornstarch.
9. One 14 Ounce Can Coconut Milk.
10. Two Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Cilantro.
Heat your oil in a large skillet and then cook your chicken and vegetables stirring often. When your vegetables and chicken are done add the Thai Curry Paste, coconut milk and cornstarch mixed up in water. Cook until everything is well mixed and cooked. Then serve in a bowl over jasmine rice. Garnish your Thai Red Chicken Curry with cilantro and lime wedges. Some people like to toast coconut and sprinkle it on the dish as a garnish.
I hope you enjoy these delicious recipes as they are so delicious.