Cake Mix Italian Cream Cake
Cake Mix Italian Cream Cake Recipe
1. 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
2. 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
3. 1 1/2 cups water
4. 4 eggs
5. 1/2 cup canola oil
6. 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts, etc
7. 2 cups flaked coconut
1. 3 tablespoons butter, softened
2. 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
3. 1 -2 tablespoon cream
4. 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
5. 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixer bowl add the cake mix, vanilla pudding, water, eggs and oil. With electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Fold in the chopped nuts and coconut.
Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lightly greased and floured.
Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
In a medium sized mixer bowl, blend the butter and cream cheese.
Add the confectioners' sugar and enough cream to make it a smooth spreading consistency.
Frost cake with frosting and sprinkle with coconut.
This is a really good cake and if you follow the directions you can make and enjoy this cake to. It is one of the most delicious cakes I've ever had. Try it and see what you think.