Grilling is the best way I know to make garlic bread. The fire crisps the bread and imparts an irresistable smoke flavor. Especially when coupled with the bright licoricey taste of fresh tarragon.
1. One Loaf Of French Bread.
2. Recipe Of Tarragon Lemon Butter From Below.
3. Two Tablespoons Of Minced Fresh Garlic.
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Cut the bread sharply on the diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet. Place the tarragon butter and garlic in a bowl and stir to mix very well.
Use a spatula to spread the garlic tarragon butter on both sides of the bread.
Grill the bread until golden brown on both sides about 1 - 2 minutes per side. Don't take your eyes off the grill for a second, as the bread will burn quickly.
Tarragon Lemon Butter
1. Three tablspoons fine chopped tarragon leaves.
2. One tablespoon minced fresh garlic.
3. One teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest.
4. Eight tablespoons butter that is soft.
5. One teaspoon ground white pepper.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir very well together. You may want to puree in a food processor. This is so delicious on garlic bread or toasted biscuits. I just love it and I bet if you make it you will to. Enjoy.