The New York Times World Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Yes this is the world famous chocolate chip cookies that appeared for years in the New York Times every year around Christmas time. These are the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever make and enjoy in your life. Yes they really are that good. I hope you get to make them and enjoy eating them real soon.
Ingredients For The Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons ,(8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
2. 1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
3. 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda.
4. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
5. 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt.
6. 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter.
7. 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar.
8. 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar.
9. 2 large eggs.
10. 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
11. 1 1/4 pounds Nestle's Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
12. Course Ground Sea Salt.
Instructions For Making Your Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
3. If you don't have a stand mixer you can use an electric hand mixer and a large bowl to mix up your cookies.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside. Be sure to check out the new baking paper that is available in the grocery store and super market that has tin foil on one side and parchment paper on the other side. Use this paper for cookies with the parchment side up and tinfoil side down. This paper is easy to cut to line cookie sheets.
5. Scoop 6 3 1/2-ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. Eat warm, with a big napkin.
Nestles sells their Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels in 24 oz. packages so you will need to purchase enough of these to equal 1 1/4 pounds.
I used Swans Down Cake Flour. And I used Pillsbury Bread Flour. I was able to find both of these products at my local Ingles Grocery Store.
You can purchase course ground sea salt at the grocery store and it is in the spice aisle in most grocery stores.
I would have to give these cookies a solid 10 on a score of 1 - 10. They are the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever made and I have been making chocolate chip cookies for over 50 years. If you want to make a chocolate chip cookie that will really delight and impress people then this is the chocolate chip cookie you should make and serve to people. I hope you get to make these chocolate chip cookies real soon. I hope you enjoy them.
The Secret Ingredient In These Chocolate Chip Cookies
In case your really wondering what makes these cookies so great is the course sea salt.So be sure you purchase and use course sea salt.
Please Post This Post To Facebook, Twitter, Google+, And Pinterest. Please send the link to this post to your family and friends. Thanks very much.