Made From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie
Here's a delicious made from scratch chicken pot pie that everyone is sure to enjoy. I suggest making this pie in a large casserole dish or baking pan. Spray the interior of the baking pan or casserole dish with vegetable coating spray so the clean up will be easier.
What I do here is make this pie with carrots, peas, celery, and onions. I do use canned sliced carrots and canned English peas. But I still consider this to be a homemade pie and it is one of the best things you'll ever taste in your life.
Ingredients For Your Pie Filling.
1. Two Pound Skinned Boneless Chicken Thighs Cut Up In One Inch Cubes.
2. Two Cans Sliced Carrots Drained And Washed Under Cold Running Water.
3. Two Cans English Peas Drained And Washed Under Cold Running Water.
4. One Cup Fine Diced Onions Cooked Until Soft In Butter In A Skillet.
5. Two Cans Cream Of Chicken Soup.
6. Two Cans Cream Of Celery Soup.
7. One Cup Celery Cooked Until Soft In Butter In A Skillet.
There is no reason you can't cook your onions and celery in the same skillet in butter until they are soft.
Mix all your pie filling ingredients together very well in a large bowl and then pour into your prepared casserole dish or baking pan.
Now mix together three cups of Bisquick Baking Mix and One And One Half Cups of Buttermilk together until it is very well mixed together. Then pour it on top of your chicken pie filling. Bake in a hot pre-heated 350 degree oven until the crust is golden brown. Butter the top of your pastry crust well with butter when it comes out of the oven.
And this is one of the best chicken pot pies that you'll ever eat in your life. Yes it is indeed and its easy to make to. Campbell's Soups and Bisquick are wonderful ingredients and they produce wonderful tasting foods that you can be proud to serve. This really is the best tasting chicken pot pie that I've tasted in years. Anyone should be able to make this really wonderful chicken pot pie. I hope you enjoy it.