Don't you just love homemade delicious casseroles and tacos. Well guess what? Here we put together a casserole with tacos and biscuits and let me tell you. This is one of if not the best casserole your ever going to make and enjoy in your life. It is so yummy.
1. 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2. 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3. 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
4. 1/2 lb ground beef
5. 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
6. 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
7. 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
8. 1 16 Oz. Jar Of Taco Sauce
Olives Or No Olives Is The Question?
If you or your family doesn't like olives leave them out and double the amount of mushrooms called for. I often saute a 8 oz. container of sliced mushrooms and make this casserole with out the olives. If you like olives like I do then by all means add in the olives.
Instructions For Making Your Biscuit Taco Casserole
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
3. Spread taco sauce evenly over bottom of greased dish.
4. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
5. Place biscuit pieces in taco sauce, turn to coat.
6. Sprinkle biscuits with l/2 cup to 1 cup of each of the cheeses and olives. Mix gently.
7. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until bubbly.
8. Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine ground beef, peppers and mushrooms. cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain.
9. Once baked, sprinkle remaining cheeses over mixture in casserole; top with ground beef mixture.
10. Bake additional 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is bubbies vigorously around edges.
This is a really delicious casserole and people eat this casserole up quickly.
I usually offer sour cream and guacamole on the side in small bowls so people can add it to their serving of casserole if they so desire.