Ingredients For Your Slow Cooker Beef ’n Beer Chili
1. 1 lb beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4. 1 bottle (12 oz) dark beer, room temperature
5. 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
6. 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
7. 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
8. 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
9. 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
10. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
11. 2 tablespoons chili powder
12. 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
13. 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
14. 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Directions For Making Your Chili
1. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, place beef and flour; seal bag and shake to coat. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker.
2. Add beer to skillet, stirring and scraping to loosen brown particles. Cook 1 minute. Pour over beef in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.
This chili is wonderful served over a square of corn bread in a large soup bowl. This is a really delicious chili that everyone loves.