These are truly the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. You won't believe how good these cookies are until you make them and eat them. I like them hot from the oven with a glass of very cold milk. Oh man those are some wonderfully delicious cookies.
Worlds Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes twenty-six 5-inch cookies or 8 1/2 dozen 1 1/4-inch cookies
Ingredients For Your World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. 1 pound unsalted butter
2. 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3. 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
4. 4 large eggs
5. 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour
6. 3 cups bread flour
7. 1 tablespoon salt
8. 2 teaspoons baking powder
9. 2 teaspoons baking soda
10. 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
11. 2 pounds bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
- Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.