Here we have a delicious casserole made of smoked sausage,potatoes, and cheese and its one of the best casseroles you'll ever eat in your life. Its so delicious, easy to make and it turns out perfect every time you make it.
Ingredients For Your Casserole
1. 3 cups idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb
2. 4 tablespoons butter
3. 4 tablespoons flour
4. 2 cups whole milk
5. 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
6. 1 teaspoon black pepper
7. 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
8. 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
9. 1 lb skinless smoked sausage cut in very small pieces
10. 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch "half moon" cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
2. Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (Use a whisk and stir constantly.
4. Pour white/cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
5. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).
NOTE, You can substitute: 1/2 lb. hot dogs, sliced into 1/2-inch slices OR 1/2 lb. ham diced into 1/2-inch dices OR 12 oz. can of Spam diced into 1/2-inch dices, instead of the smoked sausage.
Thomas Byers is an award winning Chef who was named number 3 out of the top ten Chefs in Florida in 1998. He has won many chili cook off contests and has won over $150,000 in cash prizes at chili cook offs. Be sure to check out his Chili Blog with all kinds of great Chili Recipes.
Please Do Us A Favor
Please Post This Post To Your Facebook Page. Also please post to Twitter, Pinterest and Google +. Thanks so much for your time.