Here we have the best recipe ever for Slow Cooker or Crock Pot Pinto Beans. This is truly the best recipe your ever going to find for cooking pintos in a slow cooker or crock pot. Plus if you'll read on below you'll find one of the best and tastiest recipes ever for Mexican Corn Bread.
1. 1 lb dry pinto beans
2. 1 teaspoon chili powder
3. 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4. 1/2 lb ham hock
5. 4 cups water
6. 1 onion, chopped up fine
House Seasoning, Make It Yourself
1. 1 cup ground sea salt
2. 1/4 cup black pepper
3. 1/4 cup garlic powder
Instructions For Making Your Pinto Beans In The Crock Pot Or Slow Cooker
1. Wash the beans and soak overnight in cold water. Be sure to look them for very small rocks. Drain the beans and dump into slow cooker. Stir in chili powder and oregano.
2. Pre-soak ham in a separate pot, for at least 2 hours, or refrigerated up to 24 hours, depending on how salty you want your stock to be. Add ham hock to slow cooker with beans and pour in ham soaking liquid. Add more water until ham hock is completely covered.
3. Add onion to slow cooker with beans and meat. Stir well. Season, to taste, with House Seasoning, cover the pot, and cook on high until beans are very tender, about 5 hours.Be sure that you use sweet onion and that you chop it up very fine.
How To Make House Seasoning
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. House seasoning is excellent in beans, greens, fried chicken, fried fish and etc.
And if your going to make crock pot pintos then you just have to cook Mexican Corn Bread to serve with them. I usually make Mexican Corn Bread and I put a square of the corn bread in the bottom of a large soup bowl and put a large ladle of pinto beans and juice over the corn bread. You can offer shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, sliced or diced fresh jalapenos, diced sweet onion, and etc. on the side so people can add what they want to in their bowl of pintos.
Mexican Cornbread Recipe
1. 1/2 lb. cheddar cheese
2. 4 - 5 jalapeno peppers, remove the seeds and membranes for less heat.
3. 1 lb. ground beef cooked brown and drained very well
4. 1 c. corn meal
5. 1 lb. can cream corn
6. 1/2 c. vegetable oil
7. 1 c. milk
8. 2 eggs, beaten
9. 1/2 tsp. baking soda
10. 1 tsp. ground sea salt
Instructions For Making Your Mexican Corn Bread
Grease a large cast iron skillet and place in 350°F oven to heat.
Grate cheese; chop peppers; partially cook meat; set aside. Combine corn meal, cream style corn, vegetable oil, milk, eggs, baking soda, and salt.
Place 1/2 of corn mixture in hot skillet, then meat, then cheese, then peppers. Top with remaining corn mixture.
Bake for 45-60 minutes.
The ground beef in this Mexican Corn Bread makes it into some of the best Mexican Corn Bread that your ever going to taste in your life. When you serve it in a bowl with pintos over it you have the perfect meal that you have been looking for. It is so delicious.
I have been told for years that these pinto beans cooked in the crock pot are the best Pinto Beans that you'll ever cook in your life. With the Mexican Corn Bread they are truly the best pinto beans that you'll ever eat in your life. You just have to make these pintos and the Mexican Corn Bread. Together they make one of the best home cooked meals your ever going to taste in your life.