Ingredients For Your Ginger Snap Cookies
1. 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
2. 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
3. 5 teaspoons ground ginger
4. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
5. ¾ teaspoons ground cloves
6. ½ teaspoon salt
7. ¾ cup dark brown sugar
8. 4 ounces (1 stick, ) butter, softened
9. ¼ cup molasses
10. 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350° for soft, chewy cookies or 325° for crispy cookies. Grease two cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter. Beat on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add the molasses and egg then blend on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes until combined (be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure all the batter is blended well).
5. Place rounded teaspoons of dough on the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them 1 ½ inches apart.
6. Bake the cookies in the center of the oven at 350° for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or at 325° for 12-15 minutes for crisp cookies.
7. Remove from oven and cool on wire cooling racks. Use large plates or trays if you don't have wire racks.